I had considered taking a break from running the online courses, just while I get the final edits done on my own manuscript, but actually, I get so much out of these month long workshops that I think I’d really miss it if I wasn’t running one. Also I’m expecting/hoping to have a couple of big funded projects coming up from September which will likely take most of my time up, so this might all be the last one for a few months anyway. Incidentally, if you were considering taking a mentoring or editing slot with me, August would be the time to book in as I don’t know when I’ll have spaces available again.
The new course will start August 1st. It’s called Telling Your Story.
What the Course Covers
The course is designed to encourage you to tell your own story, to look at your life as a journey and use creativity to record the things that are important to you. The course is designed to be a safe space in which you can gently explore your own self and sense of self in a supportive and encouraging environment, using creativity to create a frame work on which you can describe your journey.
How the Course Works
The course will last the full month of August, with a daily prompt, weekly notes and poems, videos, talks, links and other relevant material included as examples of the themes we’ll be covering, all of which is delivered directly to your email inbox. There’s also a closed facebook page where course attendees can share their work, and a weekly chat group where everyone gets together and…chats. The whole thing is moderated by myself and I interact with the group on a daily basis.
Who the Course is Aimed at
The course is aimed at beginners through to established writers, there’s something for everyone. We’ll be working in poetry and creative non fiction and whilst you are encouraged to push out of your comfort zone, you don’t have to write in both forms if you don’t want to.
The No Pressure Style
Thesis a no pressure course in which you do not have to produce anything, nor do you have to comment or even join the FB page. It is much more important to me that you relax and enjoy the course, enjoy the prompts and enjoy engaging with your own story.
Sounds good doesn’t it! I’m really looking forward to having you on board.
To Sign Up
- Go to PayPal and make a payment of £20 to email@example.com Please add a note containing the email address you wish the course prompts to come to. Please do let me know if paypal isn’t an option for you and we’ll sort something out.
- I will send a brief welcome letter to that address to make sure the address works, this will also contain a link to the closed Facebook group, so don’t panic if you can’t find it on facebook.
- Request to join the Facebook group. If you can’t find it, or there are any problems, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get it all sorted out before August starts.
- That’s it. It should be quite straight forward, but again, let me know if you have any questions or are experiencing any problems and I’ll endeavour to get it all sorted.
- Everything will arrive via email.
Spaces are limited so please book as early as possible.
***You are also welcome to sponsor a place for a disadvantaged or low income person. If you’d like to chat about taking one of the sponsored places up, drop me a line at email@example.com***