It’s time to re-run the very popular The Wild Within course. It’s a year since I launched this course, and I am rerunning it with entirely new prompts. I have opened it up to poetry, creative non fiction and fiction writing, and I’ve also added video notes, available through the closed FB site. For those who have never attended one of my online courses, this is how it works:
- Sign up and pay via PayPal (full instructions further down this page)
- Once signed up you will receive a welcome letter with a link to the closed FB group. The closed group allows you to share your work with others in a completely closed environment, allowing you the benefit of group feedback without damaging your potential for publication and competition entry further down the line.
- On the first of the month you will begin to receive lesson plans and a daily prompt directly into your inbox. These are yours to keep forever.
- Have fun. This is a no pressure course where you can do as much or as little as you wish. The focus is on getting writing and exploring the topics and themes. There isn’t even any pressure to join in on the closed Facebook group, though I would recommend it; to date all the FB groups have been supportive and fun.
What is the course about?
We’ll be looking at nature as a place in which we physically exist, but also as a place which exists inside of us. We’ll be looking at the ways in which poetry is used to describe nature, but also how poetry works to reflect our natural selves, and hopefully we’ll be producing some creative writing of our own.
This is a very popular course, here’s what people have said about it:
“Wendy Pratt’s The Wild Within course is brilliant value – her stimulus poems, weekly rationales, and imaginative daily prompts will inspire both beginners and established poets.
“A wonderful course which offered daily opportunities for new conversations with your creative self. Excellent, detailed prompts, supported by excellent exemplar material (poems and suggested reference points). A friendly, mutually supportive Facebook group, overseen by a very positive and proactive workshop leader.”
Why I have given the option to pay more
Don’t forget, you can sponsor a place on the course for an underprivileged writer. It’s not going to change the world, but it will make a difference to someone’s month. Here’s what one of the previous sponsors had to say:
“I am not by any means well off however when I was out of work in 2016 it was the kindness of others who supported me and my passion of writing. By me now working full time again sponsoring anonymously someone else who is struggling financially made me feel like I was creating a room to grow for a writer which we all need. Wendy is also for me one of the bravest and talented writers active in the UK and as she has not lost sight of her working class roots how can anyone else look away if they can spend £20 on a sponsored place it makes so much difference to someone”
Sponsored Place –
YOU CAN SPONSOR A PLACE
- Go to PayPal and make a payment at the tier you have chosen to firstname.lastname@example.org Please add a note containing the email address you wish the course prompts to come to. Also, if you’re sponsoring a place, add a comment so that I know! Please do let me know if paypal isn’t an option for you and we’ll sort something out.
- I will send a brief welcome letter to that address to make sure the address works, this will also contain a link to the closed Facebook group, so don’t panic if you can’t find it on facebook.
- Request to join the Facebook group. If you can’t find it, or there are any problems, drop me a line at email@example.com and we’ll get it all sorted out before September starts.
- That’s it. It should be quite straight forward, but again, let me know if you have any questions or are experiencing any problems and I’ll endeavour to get it all sorted.
- Everything will arrive via email.
Spaces are limited so please book as early as possible.