I mentor passionate, motivated writers; helping them to achieve their writing goals.
People who have worked with me have gone on to:
- Win agency representation
- Win major writing competitions
- Become widely published in magazines and journals
- Complete memoirs
- Complete poetry collections
- Have their pamphlets and collections published
- Complete fantasy novels
- Complete non-fiction books
Please do get in touch if the service you require is not listed here.
Small Group Mentoring
Small group mentoring offers feedback on your work from me, alongside interaction within a small group of up to five other writers. Run on a monthly basis. Includes:
- 1000 words of prose or 120 lines of poetry for feedback, which I will respond to directly, via email.
- On the first Monday of each month the group will meet via zoom for a 1.5 hour group mentoring session, hosted and facilitated by myself.
The small group setting allows for questions to be raised and answered, guidance given and experiences shared on all aspects of writing and publishing within a supportive environment. The feedback allows the writer to access personal direction and guidance on their own work.
CURRENTLY SOLD OUT. PLEASE EMAIL TO BE PUT ON THE WAITING LIST
Places are extremely limited. You can book up to four sessions in advance. To book your place, or to be put on the waiting list, email me at: email@example.com
One to One, Long Term Mentoring
I now offer long term mentoring packages which allow for mentor and mentee to work together over a period of twelve months. This service is particularly well suited for people looking for feedback and guidance whilst putting a collection together or working on a fiction or non fiction book. Includes:
- A monthly, one hour zoom one to one meeting to discuss progress
- Feedback and annotated editing suggestions on up to 240 lines of poetry or 2000 words of prose in six submissions over the year
- Guidance on building a writing career, getting published, building contacts and developing voice etc.
I can offer payment options to writers on low incomes.
Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or to book a place
Useful if you are working on poems for an event or a competition etc, or just need a little guidance.
Single poem: £10.00
Three poems: £25.00
Feedback on Larger Projects:
I offer annotated feedback and editing suggestions on larger projects. This service is particularly suitable for writers nearing completion of a collection of poetry or a fiction or non fiction book. Includes:
Feedback Package One
- Annotated feedback, proof reading and editing suggestions on a short collection of roughly 20 poems (of no more than 800 lines of poetry) or 20,000 words of prose
- A single one to one feedback session of one hour conducted over zoom
Feedback Package Two
- Annotated feedback, proof reading and editing suggestions on a full manuscript of up to 60 poems (of no more 2400 lines of poetry), or prose of no more than 70,000 words
- A single one to one feedback session conducted on Facebook messenger:
Payment options available for writers on low income.